They Spoke from God
They Spoke from God: A Survey of the Old Testament
The textbook you want to read and use for Bible study…even when you’re not taking a class.
With simple language and a personal style, They Spoke from God weaves together Old Testament
passages to show how they tell the story of God at work to redeem His people. Instead of
book-by-book summary or a division by literary genre, Williams uses a theology of history as
unifying theme. Since it not only explains relevant Scriptures—but relates them to historical,
theological, and ethical questions—They Spoke from God will enrich your sermon study, as well
Sunday School teachers’ preparation and study. Consider one for the main speakers in your
for your pastoral library.
Hard. 920 pages.
(PDF Format, Acrobat
- What is the Old Testament?
- In the Beginning
- Paradise Lost: The Origin and Spread of Human Evil
- What Was the Old Testament World
- A Wandering Aramean
- With a Strong Hand and an Outstretched Arm
- God Reveals Himself to His People
- Through the Vast and Dreadful Desert
- Canaan: Conquest, Covenant Renewal, and Crisis
- From Tribal League to Kingdom
- Israel Acquires Empire
- Sweet Singers and Sages: Israel’s Poetry and Wisdom
- The Great Divorce
- Long Day’s Journey into Night: Israel, the Northern Kingdom
- Just Stayin’ Alive: Judah from Rehoboam to Hezekiah
- Hear the Word of the Lord: The Rise of the Prophetic Movement
- On the Edge of Night: Judah from Manasseh to the Exile
- The Lord Brought Back the Captives to Zion
Publisher: Logion Press