Children's Ministry on Purpose
: Only 6 left. Order soon.
Children’s Ministry on Purpose: A Purpose-Driven Approach to Lead Kids Towards
by Steven J. Adams
Many children’s ministries are a flurry of activity, run by dedicated volunteers and
staff who put in long hours and work hard for the good of the children and parents they serve.
Yet despite good intentions, many children’s ministries today are not effective. They
lack purpose and intentionality.
A twenty-five year veteran of children’s ministry in the local church, pastor Steve Adams
has ministered to families in multiple churches, from tiny church plants to his present
position at Saddleback Church. In this book, Steve applies the revolutionary insights of the
Purpose Driven Church
to children’s ministry and leads readers on a journey of
discovery, showing them how to develop an intentional ministry process that moves children
toward spiritual health while building a healthy ministry environment for those who work with
kids. You will learn how to ask and answer five simple but powerful questions:
- Why are we on this journey?
- Where are you and where are you going?
- Who are we trying to reach?
- How will we move our children towards spiritual health?
- What are the essential elements necessary for the journey?
There is no single key to a successful children’s ministry, nor is there only one way
that works for everyone. But there is a proven process you can follow and Steve shows how
children’s ministries all over the world are reaching their God-given potential by
discovering their biblical purpose, avoiding the traps of frustration and burnout.
5½ x 8½
March 28, 2017
Meet the Author
Steven J. Adams
serves as the children's pastor at Saddleback Church in Lake
Forest, CA. For 25 years, Steve has mentored children's ministry leaders all over the world and
currently leads a dynamic staff who serves seven California campuses and three international
campuses. Steve authentically communicates his passion for children's ministry through his blog
and podcast "More Than Puppets." He lives in Orange County with his wife, Stephanie, and their
two sons, Tyler and Matt.
Table of Contents
Foreword by Rick Warren
Introduction: Is This Making a Difference?
1. Making the Most of Your Opportunity
2. A Purpose Driven Children's Ministry
3. Why Does Your Ministry Exist?
4. Where Are You Now and Where Are You Going?
5. Who Are You Trying to Reach?
6. How Will You Move Your Children toward Spiritual Health?
7. What Are the Essential Components Needed to Support the Strategy?
8. Developing a Healthy Volunteer Team
9. Becoming a Leader People Will Follow
10. The Importance of Involving Parents
11. The Necessity of Implementing Change
12. Why Do You Exist in Ministry?
Conclusion: One Generation Away