Shipped from an alternate warehouse
Rush options and shipping times may vary.
Connect: How to Double Your Number of Volunteers
by Nelson Searcy with Jennifer Dykes Henson
Finding and retaining volunteers can be a frustrating issue for any church leader, but it
doesn't have to be such a battle.
, Nelson Searcy shares his step-by-step approach that equips leaders with the
tools they need to create a culture
that attracts, keeps, and grows volunteers. Through practical insight, they'll learn how to
help people see the importance of serving
the local church, to continually involve new volunteers, and even to show gratitude to them.
Learning how to let others participate in the ministry of the church will create a way for
people to find their purpose in ministry and
open the door to the Kingdom impact God wants for every church.
5½ x 8½
Meet the Author
is the founding pastor of The Journey Church in New York City. He is also
an experienced church planter,
coach, and church-growth strategist. Before cofounding The Journey, he served as the director
of the Purpose Driven Community at
Saddleback Church. Nelson is also the founder of ChurchLeaderInsights.com and the Renegade
Pastors Network. He has personally
trained more than 20,000 church leaders through live events and seminars.
Table of Contents
PART ONE: Adopting a Ministry Mindset
1. The Significance of Service: What Ministry Looks Like
2. Clarifying Your Theology of Ministry: Eight Biblical Principles for an Effective
PART TWO: Creating Opportunity
3. A First Step into Service: Generating Points of Entry
4. The Power of New Beginnings: Recruiting New People for Ministry
5. Igniting Involvement: Additional Ways to Mobilize Volunteers
PART THREE: Cultivating the Ministry Ladder
6. Lake and Ladders: Helping Volunteers Take the Next Step
7. Lessons Learned the Hard Way: Suggestions, Tips, and Tactics
8. Calling Out the Called: Guiding People into Full-Time Vocational Ministry
PART FOUR: Celebrating and Reproducing Servants
9. Ongoing Recruitment and Reproduction: The Key to a Constant Flow of Volunteers
10. Creating a Culture of Celebration: Showing Gratitude to People Who Serve
Returns on drop-ship items (as allowed) may be subject to a restocking fee. For more information on this policy, call 1-855-642-2011 to speak with a customer service representative.